By: Alex Avery - follower http://www.sanzateaching.com/
News records of high school instructors having sexual relations with their students are rampant currently. The newest is regarding a cheerleader/English teacher who was in fact married when
she started cultivating a romantic relationship with a student who was just seventeen. The even bigger shock is that she happily paraded their relationship after pleading guilty to several
charges in court by walking hand in hand with her teenage “boyfriend” and even showing no honest guilt. With this news, you can’t help but be troubled about the values young people are grasping
in school with teachers who escape with these immoral actions. If you’re a parent, you should be able to tell your children’s school regarding the values that you want those who are assigned to
mould your children into responsible members to the community to have.
In surveys carried out online, contributors identify these kinds of standards that people who hold a teaching job should have.
1. Empathy - There are individuals who really feel that concern is out of the career description of an instructor, but lots of parents truly really want their children’s educators to have concern. With this value around, parents feel comfortable that their children have authority figures who really care for them and like to understand them better so they can develop into pleasant people with the proper skills to do better in life.
2. Liability - Since numerous teachers today wash their hands clean when it comes to bullying, participants of different studies online declare that teachers will need to be accountable for some school circumstances like distinctive types of negative behaviours that get exhibited within the constraints of the school center. Teachers who don't display any act of answerability, for parents, are unfit to teach.
3. Patience - Everybody used to say that this value’s solely present among educators and mothers. Parents usually think that teachers who are lacking patience cannot be authorized to teach as they’re like moving time bombs that can easily burst, lose it and actually hurt their pupils. As pupils have distinct learning capacities, patience is a significant value that ensures nobody gets left behind in the lessons.
4. Reliable judgment - Proper and wrong have been “relative” these days, and many of today’s educators are sometimes in the grey areas with regards to protecting values. This shouldn’t be the case because they are labeled as role models also.
5. Authority - In the classroom, teachers have to be authority figures and must maintain their authority that will help instil the value of obedience in students. If they want to appear approachable to their students, it’s crucial that they show themselves as older people with authority who are concerned rather than a common person.
These are merely five, but research suggest that these are the most important ones that have the capability to reestablish the high standards of education and school life.